Next Generation of Shop Floor Hardened, Non-cartesian CMM
True to Aberlink’s heritage for innovation, the Extol is the world’s first CMM to utilise a delta mechanism.
Designed for robustness and reliability, the Extol CMM will run around the clock making it ideal whether it is positioned next to a machine tool, in a manufacturing cell, or used in a dedicated inspection area.
Five temperature sensors monitoring both the machine and ambient temperature ensure that the Extol is capable operating in uncontrolled environments and reporting measurements as though they had been taken at 20°C. The software will also produce a warning should the temperature be changing at a rate that is not conducive with reasonable metrology practice.
Robust, accurate and reliable, the Extol CMM is the perfect solution to automatically verify part quality for critical components.
The automatic tool offset correction available with the Aberlink 3D software compliments the attributes of the Extol perfectly allowing utilisation as part of a fully automated production process in the midst of a manufacturing environment.
The ergonomics of the Extol have also been a significant design factor. It is not only quick and easy to perform one-off inspections, but also has ample access for either batch inspection or to facilitate automatic loading. With a larger measuring volume and smaller overall footprint than its predecessor, the Xtreme, the Extol can be positioned exactly where the measurement is needed.
- Fully sealed recirculating cross-roller bearings for dirt immunity
- Swiss-made DC motors and new Deva motion control system provide shop floor reliability
- Super-smooth belt-drives and linear bearings enable long styli to be used without false triggering through vibration
- Automatic tool offset correction and automation options allow integration into fully automated manufacturing cells
- Aberlink’s revolutionary easy-to-use measurement software
- Shortest learning curve of any equivalent system – 1 day without prior CMM experience
- Smallest overall footprint of any comparable size shop floor CMM
- Industrial joystick as standard
- Aberlink 3D measurement software for touch probe feature inspection
- Windows based controller
- Renishaw TP20 probe system
- Aberlink probe stylus kit
- Aberlink Ø19mm sphere CMM requalification kit
- User training course – up to 4 trainees
- 12 months full parts and labour warranty
- Free telephone helpdesk support
- Free software upgrades – no maintenance fees or contracts
- Machine Options
- Automation Interface Unit
- Fixture Kit
- Dual Monitor